Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Keep Your Head Up

I AM HORRIBLE AT MATH!! For my statistics class you have to get at least 70% on the "practice test" (which you can take as many times as you want up until tuesday night at 11pm) in order to take the test in class on wednesdays. This is probably the 4th or 5th time that I have NOT gotten at least a 70% on the quiz and have therefore been unable to take the test. And it isn't like I don't ask for help. I am in tutoring for this class alone at least 12 hours a week, probably more. It just doesn't seem to get through to me. I was doing really well in school up until Stats and Trig came along... always striving for A's and being the total perfectionist that I am. However, it is so hard for me to not give up! I already had to drop trig because I was failing, and now with stats, I really just want to quit! It is so hard to find the motivation to do the work, especially when I take the quiz over and over and over and the highest I can get is a 69.2% (I know... I was that close...) This class is frustrating me just about to my limit. I will be so glad come December 17th. Then it's back at it in January. Ughhhh.

I am choosing tonight to try and look on the bright side (now that I got my ranting out of the way) because I have had such a negative day. And in the spirit of Thanksgiving I am going to list some things that I am thankful for with the hopes of lifting my spirits...

First and foremost I am thankful for my God, who has remained ever-constant and has never left my side (even when I left his).
I am thankful that He is continually showing me His faithfulness through answered prayers and blessings.
I am thankful for my family who has been a great support system over the past two years.
I am thankful for my kitten, Tucker, who is truly my best friend on this earth. He is my comfort and my joy and the one being that I tell everything to. I do not know what I would do without him, for he understands me in a way that no human ever possibly could.
I am thankful for my friends as they are such an encouragement to me.
I am thankful for my church because it is a place where I can come as I am and still be excepted.
I am thankful for the beauty that I am seeing in everything. In the clouds and in the leaves, in smiles and in laughter.
I am thankful for the health I do have. And I can say that with 100% honesty. My condition sucks, but I could have it so much worse. And I am seeing that more and more each day. And when I do not feel well, whether it be pain or nausea, or whatever else, I try to remind myself that I am still blessed beyond measure.
When life's frustrations take their toll on me, I try to count the ways in which He has blessed me and proven to me time and time again that He loves me and He cares for me.

1 Peter 5:7 says, "Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you." (NLT)

Love and Thankfulness, Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment