Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Counting My Blessings

I have been so overwhelmed the past few weeks when I think about all of the blessings that I have in my life. It has been wonderful because I am seeing the world in a new light and although I can always find something to complain about, like feeling sick, or traffic... I am constantly reminded that "it could be worse." For a long time I was angry and bitter about certain events and conditions in my life, and though God's purpose in those hardships has not yet been revealed to me, I am having a much easier time trusting Him.
I am trying this new thing where I come up with at least one thing that I am thankful for each day, and it has really helped me to put a positive spin on things. Today (and every day) I am thankful for the people that God has placed in my life. Each one of them has a specific purpose and presence that enriches my life. I am so unbelievably blessed beyond measure and I am forever thankful to each person who has impacted me. I have very much enjoyed learning from my friends in these past few months and continuing to grow in my faith and my walk with the Lord. I cannot thank them enough.

Love and Thanks, Melissa

1 comment: